top of page

Find Out More

Veloce Dietetics has compiled some of the most frequently asked questions that they have received over the years. They have tried to answer all of your inquiries, but if there is something that was missed, please do not hesitate to reach out.

1. Is there a difference between a Registered Dietitian (RD) and Nutritionist?

Yes, in Ontario (and most provinces in Canada) there is a difference. Nutritionists are not held accountable by a regulatory college, so anyone can use the Nutritionist title, no matter the education or experience level. The terms “Dietitian” and “Registered Dietitian” are protected titles across Canada. This means that for individuals to use the Dietitian or Registered Dietitian title, they must be registered with a dietetic regulatory body in the province where they practice. In Ontario, this provincial regulatory body is the College of Dietitians of OntarioTo become a RD, the following must be compled:

2. Can I get reimbursed for your services?

Many extended health benefits cover Dietitian services. Veloce Dietetics will provide you with official receipts after each session for health insurance claims and tax purposes.

3. Why should I see a Registered Dietitian?

Dietitians can help you discover what may be lacking. Dietitians are trained to spot nutrient deficiencies and help you manage them. If you have allergies and other dietary restrictions, they are the right people to talk to since they will critically consider these during your consultation. Dietitians provide trusted, evidence-based and scientifically-proven nutrition advice.

bottom of page